Engineer Hypertext Narrative
Road To Become An Engineer.
Word count: 1514
Choice count: 37
Section count: 22
Image count: 22
Error count: 6
Field Related Analysis
Education : 93 matches
(academic, choice, college, compensation, don, down, evaluate, grades, high school, homework, learn, management, market, motivation, options, school, social, students, teach, test, trainee, training, university, vocational)Business : 54 matches
(business, company, deal, employee, entrepreneur, insurance, launch, management, market, meeting, money, mortgage, offer, office, opportunity, paid, products, promotion, trade, trainee)Dance : 46 matches
(back, center, close, couple, follow, jump, natural, out, perform, point, position, skip, slow, social, walk)Target Structure: (61 matches)
abolish (1 match)
alienation (1 match)
background checks (1 match)
come in handy (1 match)
compensation (1 match)
cursory (1 match)
dead-end job (2 matches)
deters (1 match)
drawbacks (1 match)
dread (1 match)
drudgery (1 match)
flirtation (1 match)
foot in the door (1 match)
fulfillment (1 match)
hinder (1 match)
hr (1 match)
in-depth (1 match)
income (1 match)
ins-and-outs (1 match)
internship (1 match)
interns (1 match)
invaluable (1 match)
lack of (1 match)
learn the ropes (1 match)
leave of absence (1 match)
leg work (1 match)
maddening (1 match)
misconduct (1 match)
more often (1 match)
mortgage (1 match)
office politics (1 match)
ojt (1 match)
on-the-job-training (1 match)
overtime (1 match)
overwhelmed (1 match)
compensation packages (1 match)
pension (1 match)
perpetrator (1 match)
premium wage (1 match)
pull off (1 match)
purpose (1 match)
put aside (1 match)
recipient (1 match)
retirement (1 match)
set aside (1 match)
sexual harassment (1 match)
straight a's (1 match)
test drive (1 match)
more often than not (1 match)
the drive of work (1 match)
thoroughly (1 match)
though (1 match)
thoughtful (2 matches)
time management (2 matches)
trainee (1 match)
undermine (1 match)
vacant position (3 matches)
wage (2 matches)
withholding (1 match)
worthwhile (1 match)
abroad (4 matches)
Road To Become An Engineer.
Then end of high school.
The end of the school year has arrived. It's now the time to decide my future. What should I do next? Should I go to college or vocational training center.
Choice 1 : Go to the Vocational Training Center.
Choice 2 : Got to Montmorency College.

Go to the Vocational Training Center.
I don't know what trade should I learn. I have my eye on the crane operator trade, though my friend's father is offering me a job which will offer OJT. Should I sign up to become a crane operator or should I go with the job offer?
Choice 1 : Start Crane Operator Training.
Choice 2 : Take the job offer from your friend's father.
Got to Montmorency College.
I'm excited because I'm going to the same college as my best friend. I don't know which programs would be the best for me. My friend said I should follow him and choose Business Management. Or maybe should I follow the basic academic program and go in Social Sciences.
Choice 1 : Follow him in Business Management.
Choice 2 : Go in Social Sciences.
.
.
Select a section to link to here.
Take the job offer from your friend's father.
I took the job offer. I am now working for a window and door installing company in Laval. The boss hired me as a warehouse employee, but I sometimes work on the job site as a trainee. I receive on-the-job-training. I find the hourly wage is good, but I want to make more. If, I can't pull off a promotion, this will be a dead-end job for me. Should I try for the vacant position, or maybe go back to school?
Choice 1 : Got to Montmorency College.
Choice 2 : Fill Vacant Position.
Start Crane Operator Training.
I started the training and got a job at well-renowned company. They offered me a premium wage and a good pension plan. They offered me two options of positions. Either I work abroad with good hours on my paycheck and bonuses, or I work locally but there aren't any hours or maybe a few hours and I have to apply for employment insurance.
Choice 1 : Go Work Abroad.
Choice 2 : Claim Employment Insurance.
Go Work Abroad.
Working abroad makes me feel lonely. I am far from everyone and the only people I know are my colleagues. I'm not very good at meeting new people, so I just follow them around. The only thing they do is drink and go out. I'm not sure if this is the life I want. Maybe, I should loosen up and do as they do. Or maybe I should move back home close to the people I love.
Choice 1 : Move Back Home.
Choice 2 : Follow Your Colleagues.
Claim Employment Insurance.
Staying at home and getting paid deters me from staying motivated. I can't live like this! I should probably see what my options are. I could work for my friend's father if the offer is still on the table. Or maybe go back to school?
Choice 1 : Take the job offer from your friend's father.
Choice 2 : Got to Montmorency College.
Follow Your Colleagues.
We all went to the bar after our long shifts. Decided to go up at the bar and buy drinks for the guys. We all got pissed drunk and had fun. At the end of the night, we spent our weekly income all on booze. We got drunk to the point one of my colleagues got into a fight with a gang member because he believed his girlfriend was showing flirtation towards my coworker. The lack of sobriety enhanced the situation negatively and caused a fight. Should I interfere and cool things down or just walk away and mind my business?
Choice 1 : Mediate And Separate.
Choice 2 : Walk Off And Call It A Night.
Move Back Home.
Finally back home! I should probably see what my options are. I could work for my friend's father if the offer is still on the table. Or maybe go back to school?
Choice 1 : Take the job offer from your friend's father.
Choice 2 : Montmorency College.
Walk Off And Call It A Night.
I decide to walk off and call it a night. On my way home, I'm questioning myself if this job isn't a dead-end job. While thinking, I get mugged and shot. I'm left on the asphalt to die.
Choice 1 : TRY AGAIN
Choice 2 : Mediate And Separate.
Mediate And Separate.
Let's try and cool thing down shall we... Was the last thing I said before instantly dying after getting shot multiple times by that gang member. That went south fast!
Choice 1 : TRY AGAIN
Choice 2 : Walk Off And Call It A Night.
Fill Vacant Position.
I now am a professional installer for the company I work for. I am now paid by commission and make my own money. The drive of work motivates me to work overtime and set aside money for a future mortgage. Having a foot in the door, I was chosen as a recipient of the invitation to an event for installers, but because it falls on a working day, my boss might consider it as a misconduct for skipping work. Should I go or should I stay?
Choice 1 : Go to the Event.
Choice 2 : Stay at work.
Go to the Event.
At the event, I found a purpose. Talking with other workers at the event made me realize I should probably start something of my own. The experience that I acquired might come in handy to learn the ropes of being an entrepreneur. Although the experience and motivation I have is invaluable, I tend to undermine myself. Should I try test drive the market and launch something off my own, or should I abolish this opportunity and return to my job?
Choice 1 : Stay at work.
Choice 2 : Start Something of my Own.
Stay at work.
I will stay and work. I will buy a house and start a family with the money I put aside. Couple of years' passes, it's now time for retirement. I have achieved a sense of fulfillment.
Choice 1 : TRY AGAIN
Start Something of my Own.
I started my own company which sells helping products to workers who install doors and windows. It was maddening dealing with all the drawbacks, and the leg work was exhausting, but ultimately it was worthwhile because it succeeded.
Choice 1 : TRY AGAIN
Follow him in Business Management.
Business Management is fun and all but working with incompetent students is pure drudgery. When it comes to group projects, my colleagues are withholding crucial information to sabotage each others grades. I must consider the ins-and-outs and evaluate thoroughly my options. I can either stay in a program that causes dread or switch to a different one.
Choice 1 : Switch To Natural Sciences.
Choice 2 : Stay in Business Management.
Go in Social Sciences.
Yeah... I might be biased and didn't take an in-depth look at the program, because this just isn't me. I know I should be thoughtful, but this program is basically HR work. They teach us how to deal with interns and alienation, and we have to perform background checks on everything to make sure it's accurate. Sexual Harassment is definitely not something I want to handle, so I'm definitely changing programs.
Choice 1 : Switch to Business Management.
Choice 2 : Switch To Natural Sciences.
Switch To Natural Sciences.
I'm certainly overwhelmed by homework, but at least students don't hinder one another. We are all to "thoughtful" of each other because we don't have time to waste with what you can compare to "office politics". Let's skip in time!
Choice 1 : Jump to 2 Years Later.
Choice 2 : Jump to 6 Years Later.
Stay in Business Management.
I graduated with straight A's. It's now time to apply and go to university in Engineering! I hope with proper time management I will be able to succeed. Let's find out!
Choice 1 : Jump to 4 Years Later.
Jump to 2 Years Later.
I graduated with straight As. It's now time to apply and go to university in Engineering! I hope with proper time management I will be able to succeed. Let's find out!
Choice 1 : Jump to 4 Years Later.
Jump to 6 Years Later.
Finally, I'm done with university! My internship gave me a position at my dream job. They offered me in advance a deal regarding compensation packages if something goes wrong with the company, and they allow men to have leave of absence for paternity reasons. I put in time and effort and avoided doing it in a cursory way. More often than not people overlook this and end up sabotaging themselves. Slow and steady wins the race. Don't be the perpetrator of your own downfall. THE END.
Choice 1 : TRY AGAIN
Comments
Post a Comment